Toddler parks do exist!
Believe it or not, there are toddler parks in the Sacramento area. Some are better than others but they all have good and bad things about them.
Finding a good park to take a toddler is a pretty big challenge, especially if your little guy doesn’t walk yet or isn’t very steady. My goal with these reviews is to provide a resources for parents to find parks and free entertainment options for their little ones in the Sacramento, CA area. If you have any suggestions for parks or other places you have visited please leave a comment.
- The entire toddler park is gated off so you don’t have to worry about your little one getting too far away from you.
- There are two different size slides that accommodate pretty much any size and ability.
- The ground is covered in rubberized matts that do a very good job of cushioning falls and there is no pesky bark/sand to get all over the place.
- All of the structures are easy for toddlers to climb on.
- The first immediate bummer I found was the parking. What little parking there is near the toddler park is shared with the public pool so parking can sometimes be hard to find during swimming season.
- The size of the park could be a down side if there are a lot of people there. It could easily get crowded with just a couple families playing at once. Luckily there has not been that much competition when we have gone.
- During certain parts of the day there is a lot of direct sun on the play structure so some surfaces can get a little hot.
Please feel free to add your opinions in the comments and let me know if this review was helpful. What park should I review next?